Types of Reserve Items
1. Personal Copy: Any item that belongs to you can be placed on the Reserves list. They will be labeled and barcoded by the Library.
2. Library Copy: You can request that any item the Library owns be placed on your Course Reserves list.
3. Other: If another professor has an item on Reserve that you would like to add to your Course Reserves list, you must obtain permission from the professor to utilize the resource, then submit a request to the Library.
The Library encourages you to tell your students that you have items on Course Reserve. Whether the items are required or supplemental, tell your students to utilize the resources. We will be giving you circulation statistics for each item at the end of every semester. If you'd like help finding ways to market your resources, let us know and we'd be more than happy to assist you!
Placing Items on Reserve
Starting Fall 2013, the Leeward CC Library will be going paperless and conducting the entire Course Reserves process online! Below is a detailed description of this new process:
- Know the title and basic information of the item you would like to place on Reserve.
- Go to our online Course Reserves Request Form.
- Fill out all fields with the appropriate information.
- To get the copy to the Library, you have two options: bring it in yourself and hand it directly to Circulation staff, or have it picked up by the Library from your departmental secretary. On the Course Reserves Request Form, make sure to specify when the item will be available for pick-up.
Granted that all requested information is provided and correct, the item will be processed and placed on the Course Reserves shelf within 24 hours of receipt of the item.
*An e-mail will be sent to you once your item is available for use.
Our end-of-the semester procedure has been re-vamped to better service you and your students! Prior to Fall 2013, the Course Reserves Collection had become unmanageable. Not only were there far too many titles in the collection, but most of them were never circulated! Thus, we have enacted the following policy to ensure that the Course Reserves process is as streamlined and beneficial as possible:
- Every personal item you had on Reserve will be returned to your departmental secretary. The barcodes and labeling will remain on the item in case you want to re-submit the copy for the next semester. Circulation statistics for each item will be provided to you.
- You will be encouraged to review the circulation statistics and the general usefulness of the item for your students. Remember to market the items you have on Course Reserve so that your students utilize them!
- An email will be sent to you prompting the beginning of the next semester's Course Reserves process. You will be asked to fill out a Course Reserves Request Form for each item that you want to place on your Course Reserves list.
-You must fill out one Course Reserves Request Form for each item you want to place on your Course Reserves list.
-For personal titles, the Library is not responsible for replacing lost copies. We do, however, have policies in place to minimize the risk of loss.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Course Reserves, feel free to contact the Circulation Desk at (808) 455-0210.